Welcome to the Mexico Housing Authority's Website!
We have a total of 211 Public Housing units in the style of duplex apartments with units of ADA compliance and designated elderly, and a total of 150 Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers. These two programs are provided for low-income families through the funds of Housing and Urban Development. Please see below for the program that is right for you and select other tabs for more information on housing.
Request for Proposal: Fee Accountant
Caring Hearts and Helping Hands
Serving Your Housing Needs!
The MHA manages and maintains these units.
- Rent is based on approximately 30% of annual income with an option of flat rent.
- Central air/heating
- Refrigerator and stove furnished
- Laundry hook-ups in each unit
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- Lawn care provided
- Water, trash, and sewer included
With guidance from our office, you find the home and we assist with rent payments to the landlord.
- Prompt determination of eligibility
- Briefing session to help you find a home
- Property inspection for Housing Quality Standards and City Code
- Rent assistance based on annual income
Contact us today for more details.
828 Garfield Avenue
• Mexico, MO 65265
• (573) 581-2294
• fax (573) 581-6636