Mexico Housing Authority
We have a total of 203 Public Housing units in the style of duplex apartments with units of ADA compliance and a total of 151 Housing Choice Vouchers (formerly Section 8). These two programs are provided for low-income families through the funds of Housing and Urban Development. Please see below for the program that is right for you and select other tabs for more information on housing. Mexico Housing DOES NOT offer any type of emergency housing programs.
The MHA manages and maintains these units. Check this link for federal income limits information.
- Rent is based on approximately 30% of annual income with an option of flat rent.
- Central air/heating
- Refrigerator and stove furnished
- Laundry hook-ups in each unit
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- Lawn care provided
- Water, trash, and sewer included
HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHERS (SECTION 8)
With guidance from our office, you find the home and we assist with rent payments to the landlord. Check this link for federal income limits information.
- Briefing session to provide applicants with program details
- Property must meet federal housing quality standards
- Rent assistance based on annual income